This time last year: Project Life SMASH book January 2012

Friday, January 18, 2013


In 2012 I fell in love with K&Co SMASH books. And Project Life. And thus I faced a dilemma - which to choose?

Both.

So I got some calendar pockets and started my own version of PL. I made 2 or 3 two-page spreads for each month. I used Instagram prints throughout the book (they're all printed in 2"x2" size). I used the K&Co SMASH book date stamper on almost every page.

I really tried to stick with the highlights and little things that happened during the year. I did highlight some of the big trips we took. I used an app called Momento to document what happened every day. It integrates your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other feeds and organizes them for you. You can add your own events and attach pictures. Tagging those entries with custom-created tags makes for easy viewing later. I've never been able to keep a diary but I didn't miss a day last year.

Well... maybe I went back and added an entry here and there ;) But either way, it helped me keep up when I was making my monthly pages.

I also made a Project Life & SMASH board on Pinterest to keep up with all the great ideas I found.

I used Sharpie fine tip markers to color in the front of the Pretty Pink SMASH book. On the cover page, I covered up the cake picture with a bit of scrapbook paper and chipboard numbers.

pink smashbookpink smashbook

Last January I got my wedding dress back from the preservation company and finished my wedding scrapbook. I saved a receipt from an antique store and included it in the layout, then put a picture of my thrifty finds on top.

pink smashbook

Before I got any journaling cards, I tried writing directly on the SMASH book page.

pink smashbook

Each month I'll be sharing my pages from that month in 2012. One of the things I love most about Project Life is being able to look back and see what we were doing this time last year!

Which do you prefer, SMASH books or Project Life?

I love reading each and every comment! 
Be sure to keep up with me on
  Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

10 comments :

  1. I am starting Project Life and I like being able to document the everyday stuff. I have been looking at other people's Smash Book layouts, though, and I think I may try that next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn, this was a fun way to do Project Life and it really taught me to be thankful for the little things in life :)

      Delete
  2. That is a great idea to incorporate the two. See I could do that. Project life seems so daunting, but I love the idea of the smash book, been thinking of making my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! It was definitely the way to go for me. The smash book seems more casual, doesnt it?

      Delete
  3. Love this idea. I tried project life last year I still have lots to finish and didn't much journaling done. I think I will do a smash book this year. I would live to see more of your pages. Found your site from pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're gonna do a smash book - it's a lot of fun! I will be posting Smash pages here at least once a month. I'd love for you to follow me on here or Pinterest or whatever you prefer - I'll be pinning pictures as I post them here. I also plan to post pics from the Love/Wedding theme Smash book and the black Smashbook (it's my All About Me album).

      Delete
  4. Want to see you version of such a project very much! I did the same last year, now I'm very happy to be able to review the whole year in one book..
    Wish you will do everything the way you want to!
    Hugs from Belarus :)

    p.s. Also found you on Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to be able to look back at the last year, isn't it? It will be neat to look at this in 5, 10, 20 years...

      Delete
  5. I also love the Momento app!! I found your blog through the PLifers fb group and I enjoy your blog very much. I'm doing PL monthly without a kit, but got the BH page protectors & binder for Xmas. It's fun to use your own approach! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Momento great?? I'm glad you found my blog. The PLifers group is so good. There's really some talented people in that group. Are you posting your pictures on the group? I'd love to see them.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground