February Random Act of Kindness

Monday, February 11, 2013


I'm a member of a facebook group called SMASH*aholics. Someone started emailing a list of members that would like to swap postcards, smashable goodies, and RAKs (random acts of kindness). A couple of months ago, I decided to start sending 5 RAKS per month to 5 random people off the list. It only costs a few dollars, and it brings me joy to make the RAKs. The recipients aren't expecting anything from me, which makes it even more fun. I really enjoy surprising them and (hopefully!) brightening their day. One reason I started sending the RAKs is because I often buy a pack of something and can't use everything or don't need that many duplicates. Now I can use what I need and spread the love to some other people. This is also a great way to practice or try a new technique that you've been wanting to do.

This month's RAK was love/Valentine's Day themed (of course). I included heart paperclips, foam stickers, heart stickers from Target, a couple of Silhouette Cameo cuts, and adorable greeting cards from Michael's. Even if one of the recipients doesn't have a boyfriend or husband, they can still use the embellishments on a page about their favorite things or about something they love.

valentine scrapbook

I got these cute chevron bags from The Plaid Barn several months ago. I decorated the front of the chevron bag very simply. I adhered a paper doily (20 for $1 at the Target Dollar Spot!) and then put 2 Silhouette Cameo cuts on top of it. I always lightly glue the embellishments to the bag. This way, the recipients can take everything apart if they want, and use the elements separately.

valentine scrapbook

This month, I included a few cards from the Creative Chaos line at Michael's. These packs come with 5 of each card. This is one of those instances where I don't need that many duplicates. I kept one of each card I wanted for myself, then split the rest of the pack among the 5 RAK recipients.

valentine scrapbook

I hope this post inspires you to perform a Random Act of Kindness!

I love reading each and every comment! 
Be sure to keep up with me on
  Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

1 comment :

  1. Hi! Quick question that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when viewing from my apple iphone. I'm trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to correct this issue.
    If you have any recommendations, please share. Appreciate it!



    Also visit my web page quick cash advance

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground