How to make a scrapbook for Baby's First Year

Wednesday, April 3, 2013


I've been meaning to share this baby book for quite some time now - I made it back in January! I've been hoarding Basic Grey's 'Oh! Baby Girl' scrapbook paper for years. I'm on a mission to use up some of my scrapbook stash this year, so I finally decided to use it to make a book for a dear friend. I also made her some matching onesie stickers on my Silhouette Cameo (look for them in a post next week!).

baby scrapbook

I used a simple format for all the pages and put them together assembly-line style. I cut 6x8 pieces out of each paper. I used a 2" border on each page. K&Co makes some cute baby borders that I used to cover up the line between the pieces of paper. Then I added tons of stickers and diecuts to each page for embellishment!

My most favorite paper from this paper line is this adorable elephant print. I had to use it on the front page! I used my Silhouette cameo to cut out the baby's name. The plaid photo mat is from Heidi Grace.

baby scrapbook

I put a page for a birth picture or birth announcement right at the front of the book. Some Amy Tan stickers were the perfect embellishments.

baby scrapbook

A 'details' page is next.

baby scrapbook

I included a page for each month to add the onesie sticker pictures.

How adorable are these diaper pin stickers on the corners of the photo mat??

baby scrapbook

And how about these onesie stickers on the border!?

baby scrapbook

baby scrapbook

I added a couple of pages with Polaroid frames. It will be hard to pick just a few favorite Instagram pictures to put on these pages!

baby scrapbook

I used the Silhouette Cameo to write out "Maddie's Milestones" across two pages. I cut out frames and adhered them to the papers. I thought this would be a nice way to keep track of the new things Madeline does or achieves during her first year, along with the dates each thing happens (first smile, first night she sleeps all the way through, first laugh).

baby scrapbook

I really enjoyed making this book and am so glad that my friend loved it!

I love reading each and every comment! 
Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

9 comments :

  1. This is so sweet and such a special gift for your friend. So nice to find a new blog to check out via 2Peas. I'm off to sign up as a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa!! Glad you liked the book. I can't wait to check out all the blogs that linked up on 2peas.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I agree this is such a special gift. Keep chiseling away at that stash, I've been doing it too why buy when I got so much to choose from is a good attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I still buy some new stuff ;) can't help myself!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful gift. And I know those papers are so colorful in person. Great idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very colorful - I didn't want to do the traditional pastel baby colors.

      Delete
  4. What a great gift. I love making scrapbooks for other people to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground