This time last year: Project Life SMASH book May 2012

Monday, May 20, 2013


This is the next installment of my 2012 Project Life Smashbook. Be sure to take a look at January, February, March, and April's blog posts.

A simple page was the first page for May... but it was a month full of 'little moments'. First, we got an outdoor table for our patio! 

pink smashbook

We attended a birthday picnic / cookout for Joe's dad. I included a picture of his parents' dog Freckles from the party. We went to my parents house on the way home and there was a turtle trying to cross the road. Joe jumped out and helped him along. Dad went with me to the pharmacy school graduation. Three students that I had worked with graduated last year. 

The second page - We live in Bristol, TN and our downtown is half in TN and half in VA. Joe and I went downtown to the Bristol sign when the town tried to set a Guinness Board record for having the most people in TN and VA at the same time (one foot in each state). We had a great breakfast at Blackbird Bakery that morning. We attended out first Border Bash. I went to some yard sales with Dad and found that great red suitcase. Mumford and Sons announced their plans to come to Bristol as part of their Gentlemen of the Road tour.

pink smashbook

 Joe and I took a trip to Williamsburg, VA to see my brother and to visit Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens. I included some pressed pennies on this layout. I used a SMASH insert to add the page on the right. I have some themed pages tucked between months in this book (more on that in a future post). I had so much to include in May that I had to add that extra page.

pink smashbook

I wrapped up the Williamsburg trip on the left and then put a couple of 'little things' on the right page. We went to Trail Days in Damascus, VA and I got this awesome postcard for $1 from a girl that had hiked the entire Appalachian Trail. She took a picture of every AP sign she came across, then turned the collage into a postcard - awesome! Then I tried a new technique of making a QR code to include in scrapbooking. I just googled 'free QR code' and made one for my friend Jamie's blog when she featured my SMASH book. If you scan it, it really works! It's a great way to make your SMASH book interactive. 

pink smashbook

I love reading each and every comment! 
Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

13 comments :

  1. So cool that you made your book interactive by using the code! Neat trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I love the idea of including the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cool project and I love that you are doing it in the form of a smash book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly! 2012 was sort of my practice year for learning how to keep up with all the little things (so I could decide whether or not to do PL!)

      Delete
  4. Your blog itself is nice and fresh! Lots of fun memories documented in a fun way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I'm having a great time posting things here on my blog. It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time :)

      Delete
  5. Really cute pages! Love the journaling on the doily-will be lifting that! Oh love the inspiration here, and may give this type of format to my 365 book for my 50th year this year it's a smart way to do the month on just a couple of pages. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! Lift away :) I considered getting the 365 book, but decided to do PL instead. I did love using the smashbook though! the 365 would be a great way to document a monumental year!!

      Delete
  6. Your smash book pages are awesome.
    I like that you are using it like a project life, great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy - I had a lot of fun doing this book :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground