Project Life 2013 - Vacation!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013


This is Part 2 of Weeks 25 & 26 - we took our first long RV trip! We went to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio for a couple of days, then to Niagara Falls, and took a couple of days to make our way home through New York, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. I did a two-page spread for the trip and added a 12x10 insert (Becky Higgins Design G).

The  left side and front of the insert: I concentrated on documenting our journey on these two pages - our truck and camper, our route, the states Joe drove through, what we ate, and how we spent each day.


I used a Honey title card and added October Afternoon alphas to spell out 'Road Trip'. I added the dates after I took the picture!



We had a ton of rain one day while we were driving home, so I added an Amy Tangerine sticker and a Heidi Grace felt cloud to a free printable about a rainy day.


I used a Blush card to document what I did while Joe drove us everywhere.



I messed up the journaling that was on the bottom of the US map, so I cut the bottom half off. I centered it on top of a Studio Calico arrow card and added 'here we go' to the map.


I took a screenshot of our route and printed it out 3x4. I added little tags for the locations and cut a 4x6 card to 4x4 to mount it on.


I used the Rhonna Designs app to make this 4x4 photo! I used a little hashtag on Instagram and wanted to remember it. I took a screenshot of those pictures and added a mask with Rhonna Designs. I used one of the great fonts to spell out our hashtag. I LOVE how this card turned out!


The front of the insert:



A simple sticker made this filler card super cute!


The back of the insert and right side of the trip: Here I concentrated on the things we did and things we saw: Cedar Point, Niagara Falls, the heat, the Super Moon, and the New River Gorge.


The back of the insert: I used Diptic to make a little collage of some of the Cedar Point rides. I took pics of the campground and our campsite (look how close we were to one of the roller coasters!). I had a cute 4x6 Ferris Wheel card that I used for journaling.


The right side of the trip:


I'm linking up at The Mom Creative's Project Life Tuesday.

I love reading each and every comment! Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

26 comments :

  1. You've done a great job, love this! I'd never have thought of using a gift tag to describe different places on a road trip... genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are always so fun and colourful and I love the embellishments you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun pages, love all the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of using a screenshot of google maps...how have I never thought of this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it somewhere online and have been wanting to do it ever since!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful layouts. I LOVE the idea of using your own personal hashtag you can check on instagram. Such a great way to "add" extra photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on using this hash tag whenever we go on long trips in the RV :)

      Delete
  6. Love it! Cool how you mapped your route. RVing sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors and all the scrappy details! I visited the New River Gorge once, and it was impressive! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I love adding little details. NRG was gorgeous!

      Delete
  8. Love the screen shot of the map and oh I will so be lifting this it's a fabulous idea. The pages turned out fabulous and the ending picture just wraps it up with a nice little bow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bright colors and how you documented your trip. I might try a screenshot from the map myself, wonderful idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a super fun trip. I want to go to Niagra Falls. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're so glad we took the time to go to Niagara Falls. It was beautiful!

      Delete
  11. Love your pages! So bright and colorful!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What page protector is the one with the Rhona design pic, the 4x4?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from We Are Memory Keepers - I got it at Michael's.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground