26 Books - August

Thursday, September 3, 2015


So August was a slow month for reading... it ebbs and flows.


1. A book you own but haven't read
2 - a book that was made into a movie
3 - a book you pick solely because of the cover
4 - a book your friend loves
5 - a book published this year
6 - a book by an author you've never read before
7 - a book by an author you love
8 - a book at the bottom of your "to be read" pile
9 - a book with a color in the title
10 - a book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit
11 - a book you started but never finished
12 - a book with a lion, a witch, or a wardrobe
13 - a book with a female heroine
14 - a book set in the summer
15 - a book of poems
16 - a book you learned about because of this challenge
17 - a book that will make you smarter
18 - a book with a blue cover
19 - a book you were supposed to read in school. But didn't.
20 - a book "Everyone" has read but you
21 - a book with a great first line
22 - a book with pictures
23 - a book from the library
24 - a book you loved... read it again!
25 - a book that is more than 10 years old
26 - a book based on a true story

I started a book by Gretchen Rubin called Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of our Everyday Lives and am counting it towards #8 (a book at the bottom of your "to be read" pile). It's been on my list for a few months and I thought I would get started on it. It's interesting to see what Motivation Type you are and it helps you understand why you do things the way you do. I got a little bored about halfway into the book and shelved it for now. I'm sure I'll pick it up again.

The next book I read was Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel. I totally judged this book by its cover (#3) and it turned out well - this book was awesome!! It's a quick read and I couldn't put it down. It's about a post-apocalyptic world (part of the reason I like shows like the Walking Dead... but there's no zombies in this one haha).

What's on your reading list for fall?

I love reading each and every comment! Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

6 comments :

  1. I'll have to look into Station Eleven, and I didn't know you liked The Walking Dead, I'm a fan, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love the Walking Dead - and Station Eleven was SO GOOD!!

      Delete
  2. Your doing way better than me :) I did no reading last month (so bad of me :) life got way in the way :) Fall reading I want to finish up the series I'm reading and a couple of hardbacks I want to read. It's been a good year don't think I'll complete the list but I had a blast getting back into reading again and enjoyed many books this year and look forward to trying the list again next year. Even if you loss if you been reading anything then you have gain something :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I hear ya! I'm glad you joined in... even if you don't read 26, you're still reading more than you would have!!

      Delete
  3. You certainly are chipping away at your list. I seem to have dropped off on my reading habits, not sure why as I love to read. I am not big into the zombies, I attribute that to my science side of my brain but Station Eleven sounds like it would be a good read, need to put it on my list..whenever I get back into reading that is. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground