Essential Oils for Travel

Monday, April 25, 2016


Since I'm at Disney, it seems like a great time to show you which essential oils I take with me when we're traveling. When will the TSA recognize these as medications and not make them count towards my liquids limit??


The bare minimum includes:
  • Deep Relief - you can roll it on your neck if it gets sore from sleeping on a new pillow or on a plane, your shoulders for tension, or your legs after a long day of sightseeing.
  • Sleep Combo - I have a hard time sleeping in unfamiliar places (especially if we can't get a fan to stay on all night and generate a little white noise!) Lavender and Cedarwood are my go to for sleep. I apply this to my wrists and behind my ears and I'm having sweet dreams in no time.
  • Breathe Again - this mix is great for when you're feeling a little congested or the air is dry and you need some relief. I put it behind my ears.
  • Allergy Trio - this mix of Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint helps alleviate runny nose, watery eyes, and that annoying little cough you get when allergies are bugging you. I apply it behind my ears and on my wrists.
  • Thieves Hand Purifier - my personal choice for hand sanitizer! 


I upped my game here recently and bought this awesome customizable essential bag on Etsy. It holds 8 bottles for me and even has room in the bottom for small things like chapstick or that Thieves hand sanitizer. The elastic bands hold everything in place so they don't roll around in the bottom of my purse.


Do you take essential oils with you when you're traveling? Which ones can you not leave home without?

I love reading each and every comment! Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

7 comments :

  1. These all sound like great ways to use instead of taking medications. I find TSA to be all over the place when it comes to certain liquids and honestly try to minimize as much as possible. Enjoy Disney!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had an awesome time at Disney and I agree - some agent seem more strict than others! It's a shame we have to be so limited on liquids. Ugh!

      Delete
  2. Cute bag for all of your oils, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always travel with oils now...wintergreen for my joints, soothing blend for my muscles, Past Tense (yes, I'm a doTerra gal), On Guard, Clove oil (anti-fungal for my feet), Terrashield for bugs, breathe for congestion, and peppermint for refreshing my tootsies during the day. I'm so thankful to have found oils and to those who are ahead of me to lead my journey. Life is better with oils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure!! DoTerra is great! I'll have to check out Terrashield!

      Delete
  4. Interesting! I enjoyed reading about them, and that's a cute bag. I'm sure you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground