January Book Report

Monday, February 6, 2017

My reading goal for 2017 is 48 books and I've finished 4 so far. I'm keeping track on Goodreads.


The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah was absolutely amazing. It's another WWII historical fiction novel and I couldn't put it down! SO GOOD! There's no wonder it was the Goodreads Book of the Year in 2015.

The Singer's Gun by Emily St. John Manuel is about a guy trying to get it right. He grows up in a family that doesn't see anything wrong with working an illegal business. He tries to escape that but things don't go as planned. This book didn't pull me in as much as Station Eleven, but it was still good.

Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver was very good. I may be a little biased since it's set here in the Appalachians. It has to be close to me because they mention Knoxville more than once. A woman sees something unexplainable and it changes everything for her and her town.

Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty had a super long wait at the library, but I finally got to borrow it! I like her books a lot, but this one seemed to drag just a little. You learn bits and pieces of the story at the end of each chapter and I must say, my jaw dropped in the chapter about the unfriendly neighbor!

Have you read anything great this year? I'm always adding books to my list!

I love reading each and every comment! Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

2 comments :

  1. Looks like a great start :) I'll have to look into the Nightingale sounds like a good read

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground