April and May Book Report

Monday, August 7, 2017


I've been continuing to read this year and have a few more books to share with you! I was in a bit of  rut for a while...


The Special Power of Restoring Lost Things by Courtney Elizabeth Mauk - Is it bad that I truly can't remember anything about this book? Even the synopsis doesn't trigger much for me!

Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel - Ugh. I liked it, and I didn't like it. The premise is cool - pieces of a large robot/human are found across the world and are joined together to try to figure out what it means. I just didn't love the characters.

Dark Matter by Blake Crouch - crazy and good! A guy goes to another dimension and suddenly his life isn't his anymore. The book is about him getting his life back.

Welcome to the World, Baby Girl! by Fannie Flagg - easy, fun, beach read. Because you need that every now and then.

Deep Dark Dark: The Untold Stories of 33 Men Buried in a Chilean Mine, and the Miracle That Set Them Free by Hector Tobar - Good story. I haven't read many memoirs (or whatever you might call this) so it was interesting. I CANNOT imagine being down in a mine for that many days!!

Bel Canto by Ann Patchett - I think this book could have been a lot shorter and still got the point across. I did like the character development though.

Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance - Again, I liked it and I didn't like it. Being from Appalachia, I don't like being characterized as being ignorant and uneducated. We aren't all like that. That being said, I know many people that fit right into this book.

The Wonder by Emma Donoghue - I should have put this down. It had great reviews though!

Have you read anything good lately?

I love reading each and every comment! Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!

2 comments :

  1. I got through the 50 Shades of Grey books-4 of them really enjoyed reading them and I had a hard time putting it down. Waiting on the new one to come out the Darker his point of view. It's been cool to read both of their views in this series.
    "Deep Dark Dark: The Untold Stories of 33 Men Buried in a Chilean Mine, and the Miracle That Set Them Free by Hector Tobar - Good story. I haven't read many memoirs (or whatever you might call this) so it was interesting. I CANNOT imagine being down in a mine for that many days!!" I will have to see about this one at the library and read it. We were just at the site this past Saturday, outside part of it to see all the took place, but come to find out we missed the building part of it to see that. I may have to take a ride down soon and see that, not sure if Dave would be interested in all that but I would be and it would make a complete visit unless we check it out next year if we go to Alum Bank tractor show which is in the area

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind wrong rescue we were at the one in Somerset for that rescue site.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading all of them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground